2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Civil Engineer II - Requisition 231894BR
Civil Engineer II
USA - Hawaii
From aviation, marine, public transportation and freight transport to highways and bridges, we deliver the solutions needed for a world in motion. AECOM's network of nearly 6,000 engineers and technical experts in the Americas are creating integrated transportation systems to create and sustain a better world in which people can live and work.
Our Honolulu office is currently looking for a Civil Engineer to join our team.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Computer aided design and drafting of site layout, roadway, grading, erosion control, and utility design using tools including, but not limited
to AutoCAD Civil3D.
• Utilize standard techniques, procedures, and criteria while gaining understanding of advanced methods.
• Reviews plans according to standards and regulations necessary to carry out project design and permitting work.
• Conduct site visits at active construction sites to examine field conditions, site utilities, sediment and erosion control inspections
• Coordinate with multiple disciplines including contractors, architects, mechanical, electrical engineers, geotechnical, and structural
• Able to self-check quality of work prior to submitting to the design lead for review and follow project quality control procedures.
• Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
• Performs work in accordance with design standards, on-budget, and meets deadlines with limited supervision.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related engineering field
• At least 2 years of experience in design of utilities including water, gas, sanitary sewer, and storm drainage.
• Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D, including Pipe Networks (Alignments & Profiles), Roadway Design (Corridors, Assemblies, and
Subassemblies), Grading (Contours, Surfaces, Feature Lines, Cut/Fill Takeoffs); Modifying and creating Styles & Labels, and Data
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
• Proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Familiar with HDOT and C&C of Honolulu Design Standards
• Experience working on public, commercial, and/or industrial sites with multiple utilities including water, gas, sanitary sewer, storm drainage
systems, and traffic signal fiber and telecommunications
• Experience preparing roadway geometric and paving plans, signing and striping plans, ADA curb ramp details, driveway details, and
erosion control plans.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to discuss project specifics with co-workers, clients, regulatory agency staff, and the public
• Knowledge in other design software such as HEC-RAS, StormCAD, Vehicle Tracking, Infraworks, Bentley, Microstation, etc.
• Willingness to learn and ability to receive direction and instruction.
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to successfully multi-task, perform detail-oriented work, work independently, and demonstrate
effective time management skills
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Group
Engineering - Civil Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Clearance Required Country
No United States of America
Posted February 3, 2020