Civil Engineer, P.E.
Primary Purpose: The Civil Engineer P.E. will prepare plans, specifications, and opinions of probable costs for general civil engineering design on a wide variety of projects that may include grading, drainage, stormwater management, transportation, underground utilities, and water and wastewater treatment. Completing engineering calculations, drafting of reports and correspondence and providing field support will be expected.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables
- Undertake site observations during construction to ensure general compliance with plans and specifications.
- Ensure proper and timely execution on projects
- Mentor junior level staff members
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources
- Provide marketing and technical support
- Evaluate the effects of adopting new methods and procedures on the work process
- Conduct feasibility and research studies
- Coordinate work activities with those of other departments and regulatory agencies
- Present and speak for the department at meetings and conferences
- Performs all other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Understanding of land surveying; good knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering; good knowledge of the methods and
equipment used in construction; ability to design and draft assignments using manual drawing and AutoCAD; ability to interpret
specification and contract essentials; ability to do mathematical computations as applied to engineering problems; ability to effectively use
computer applications such as CAD programs, spreadsheets, word processing, email and database software.
- Ability to complete simple to moderately complex design work; interpret plans, specifications and land descriptions; prepare maps, plans,
profiles and cross-sections.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to interface well and work effectively in a team
environment; willingness to learn and support project management activities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
- Ability to respond quickly to rush projects, multiple deadlines or emergencies.
- Ability to work in a team setting and get along well with others; work with accuracy, reliability, resourcefulness, and good judgment.
- Ability to understand construction plans.
- Ability to research codes, standards and regulations related to design requirements.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and mentor junior staff as applicable.
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually are required.Should be a self-starter,
results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field required; master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Professional civil engineer license required.
- Five years professional civil engineering designer experience required.
- Previous business development experience
To apply please visit our careers page on our website at https://bchdesign.com/careers/
Belt Collins Hawaii is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer
Posted November 12, 2019
2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section