2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
CIVIL DESIGNER III
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a Civil Designer III to join our team. This person will perform general civil engineering work, carrying out design calculations, developing technical details, conducting site observation visits, and preparing designs documents and engineering reports. Application of general knowledge of physical sciences, mathematics and underlying civil engineering, and specialized knowledge of fluid mechanics, hydraulics, hydrology, pipe design, wastewater collection and treatment, water distribution and treatment, transportation, and surveying.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering exam preferred.
• Minimum of one year of work experience in the field of civil engineering.
• Good knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering, land surveying; and the methods and equipment used in
• Ability to perform designing and drafting assignments using AutoCAD Civil 3D
• Ability to interpret specification and contract requirements
• Ability to do mathematical computations as applied to engineering problems
• Ability to effectively use computer applications such as CAD programs, spreadsheets, word processing, email, and database software
• Ability to do engineering drafting and simple to moderately complex design work; interpret plans, specifications, and land descriptions;
prepare maps, plans, profiles, and cross-sections.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required
• Ability to interface well and work effectively in a team environment; willingness to learn and support project management activities.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Performs Civil CAD drafting and design using AutoCAD and Civil 3D
• Learns the principles, techniques, laws, methodology and processes pertinent to civil engineering work.
• Becomes familiar with the location and use of reference and resource materials, files, and related records.
• Assists in the design of site grading, culverts, pipelines, drainage improvements, sewers, water systems, sidewalks, highways and
building site layout by checking applicable design standards and regulations, completing computations, preparing construction
documents, developing details, and coordinating on preparing final working drawings and material specifications.
• Prepares designs for simple to moderately complex engineering projects.
• Reviews construction contractor submittals materials for conformance to specifications.
• Makes field measurements and obtains design data.
• Prepares quantity take-offs and prepares opinions of probable construction costs.
• Assists in preparing engineering reports and studies.
• Visits project sites and attend meetings to gain information and knowledge for the development and completion of projects assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
LOCATION: Honolulu, HI
Please apply online at: https://www.bowersandkubota.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/
100% Employee Owned
Posted December 5, 2022