Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service A-E design, construction management, and project management firm. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team. The Civil Engineer will provide design and plan production for general civil design on a wide variety of projects that may include grading, drainage, storm water management, transportation, underground utilities, and water and wastewater treatment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or a closely related field.
• Professional Engineering license required.
• At least 4 years professional civil engineering design experience required.
• Previous business development experience (writing winning proposals and successfully pursuing work) is a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
• Ability to respond quickly to rush projects, multiple deadlines, or emergencies.
• Ability to understand construction plans.
• Understanding of land surveying; good knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering; good knowledge of the methods
and equipment used in construction; ability to design and draft assignments using manual drawing and AutoCAD; ability to interpret
specification and contract essentials; ability to do mathematical computations as applied to engineering problems; ability to effectively
use computer applications such as CAD programs, spreadsheets, word processing, email, and presentation software.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to interface well and work effectively in a team
environment; willingness to learn and support project management activities.
• Ability to work in a team setting and get along well with others; and work with accuracy, reliability, resourcefulness, and good judgment.
• Ability to meet project deadlines.
• Ability to successfully manage projects and help mentor junior staff as applicable.
• Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually.
• Should be versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects.Should be a self-starter, results-oriented, and be able to work
under tight deadlines.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
• Ensure proper and timely execution on projects.
• Help mentor junior level staff members.
• Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget.
• Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
• Provide marketing and technical support.
• Evaluate the effect of adopting new methods and procedures on the work process.
• Prepare feasibility and research studies.
• Coordinate work activities with those of other divisions, departments, agencies, and utilities.
• Able to present and speak for the department at meetings and conferences.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: https://www.bowersandkubota.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/
100% Employee Owned
Posted December 5, 2022
2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section