Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our team. This person will provide design and plan production for general civil design on a wide variety of projects which may include grading, drainage, storm water management, transportation, underground utilities, and water and wastewater treatment. Completing engineering calculations, drafting of reports and correspondence, and providing field support will be expected.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
• Professional Engineering license required.
• 4 years professional civil engineering designer experience required.
• Previous business development experience (writing winning proposals and successfully pursuing work) is a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects, and schedules.
• Ability to understand construction plans.
• Understanding of land surveying; good knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering; good knowledge of the methods and equipment used in construction; ability to design and draft assignments using manual drawing and AutoCAD; ability to interpret specification and contract essentials; ability to do mathematical computations as applied to engineering problems; ability to effectively use computer applications
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills required; ability to interface well and work effectively in a team environment; willingness to learn and support project management activities.
• Ability to work in a team setting and get along well with others; work with accuracy; reliability; resourcefulness; good judgment.
• Ability to successfully manage projects and help mentor junior staff as applicable.
• Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually are required.
• Should be versatile and interested in working on a variety of projects.
• Should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables
• Ensure proper and timely execution on projects
• Help mentor junior level staff members
• Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
• Utilize internal project management tools and resources
• Provide marketing and technical support
• Evaluates the effect of adopting new methods and procedures on the work process
• Feasibility and research studies
• Coordinates work activities with those of other divisions, departments, and agencies
• Able to present and speak for the department at meetings and conferences
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: https://www.bowersandkubota.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/
100% Employee Owned
Posted April 6, 2022
2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section