Bowers + Kubota Consulting is full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated Office Engineer to join our team as part of HART for the construction of the rail program. The Office Engineer applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. They make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. They work closely with Clients, Contractors, and 3rd parties that are involved with projects.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in engineering and/or construction preferred.
• General construction knowledge preferred.
• FE and/or CMIT preferred.
• Ability to provide quality customer service and support.
• Good work ethic, self-directed worker.
• Good communication skills, verbal, and written.
• Strong aptitude in mathematics, physical science, and engineering
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic work environment
• Good time management skills, ability to balance demand amongst different projects,
• Should be a creative, persuasive, critical thinker, and must be aware of ethical issues of an engineer.
• Able to read and understand project contracts, specifications, and drawings.
• Able to travel to different work sites
• Ability to work outside with increase noise levels.
• Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination is necessary for various pieces of equipment
• Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide support to the Resident Engineer in all required facets.
• Observes work is in compliance with engineering standards, codes, specifications and design plans.
• Coordinate project and schedule updates and workforce scheduling.
• Review and process design requirements- RFI’s, submittals, project changes.
• Track change orders.
• Maintain “as-built” as work is completed.
• Monitor for required permits and approvals.
• Proficient in reading and comprehending plans and specs, be able to make connections between field plans/specs.
• Research and respond to RFIs as needed.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: https://www.bowersandkubota.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/
100% Employee Owned
Posted April 12, 2022
2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section