2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER I
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager I to join our team. This person is responsible for project management for engineering design for roadways, sewers, drainage, and water facilities. Prepare drainage, basis of design and other related engineering reports. Assists senior management with the company’s current and long-range engineering functions, including preparation, review, and presentation of engineering plans and specifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Master’s degree in engineering preferred.
• Professional engineering license required.
• LEED AP preferred.
• 10 years of increasingly responsible experience in civil engineering, of which 15 years must be as a registered professional engineer (private and public works projects and administrative engineering).
• Business development and design standards experience with federal, state, municipal, and private agencies.
• Strong interpersonal and public relations skills to work effectively with co-workers, clients, government officials, other clients, and community organizations.
• Experience with:
• Technically sound, innovative site design and implementation.
• Sustainable design strategies.
• Working in and promoting a collaborative environment.
• Leading teams of professionals
• Various contract deliverables: statement of work; opinions of probable costs, work breakdown structure, Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements, Quality Assurance/Quality Control documentation, etc.
• Knowledge of:
• Principles, practices, laws, and regulations governing private and public works administration.
• Principles, practices, and problems involved in the planning and financing of various works programs and projects.
• Principles and practices of engineering applicable to the design and construction of projects such as flood control and drainage systems, highways, bridges, sidewalks, subdivisions, and other related projects.
• Ability to:
• Prepare proposals and budgetary requests; prepare operational reports.
• Issue clear and concise oral and written instructions. Must possess advanced oral and written communication skills.
• Maintain security clearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Coordinates and reviews the work of staff of licensed engineers and technicians; estimates effort, workforce needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion date.
• Plans, schedules, conducts, or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate to complex scope.
• Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, including complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
• Preparation of specifications and contracts prior to letting out bids for contracts.
• Responsible for ensuring all program management contract deliverables are tracked and submitted on time throughout the life of the contract.
• Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
• Makes decisions on engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
• Requires the use of advance techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices of sciences and disciplines.
• Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
• Ensure project compliance with applicable codes.
• Confer with clients, engineering personnel, and subconsultants on projects.
• Ability to undertake site observations locally, nationally, and internationally to ensure general conformance with specifications, review quality of materials and work, prepare site observation reports, and advise client.
• Prepare graphic representations or drawings of proposed plans or designs.
• Participates in conferences and planning meetings with clients including client liaison with regulatory agencies.
• Seek new work opportunities through marketing, establishing, and maintaining client contacts, writing proposals, and giving presentations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: https://www.bowersandkubota.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/
100% Employee Owned
Posted April 6, 2022