2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Brown and Caldwell is currently advertising for the following positions.
Sr. Staff Engineer – Hawaii
Our Hawaii team has an opening for a self-motivated engineer to work on projects related to wastewater, water reuse, infrastructure, and stormwater. When you join Brown and Caldwell, you will find that we offer a non-hierarchical and collaborative work environment intended to support you in doing your best work. You will be trusted and supported to produce quality work by our project managers and given the flexibility to manage your work efforts to achieve project objectives. The work we do is interesting, challenging, and impactful for the communities we live in. This position may be based at our Maui or Honolulu area offices.
• Execute planning, design, and engineering services project work involving wastewater and water treatment, stormwater, infrastructure, and water reuse.
• Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related activities.
• Perform project management, deputy project management or task manager roles
• Perform engineering work on a variety of environmental engineering projects.
• Perform calculations and prepare technical memoranda, reports, drawings, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents.
• Conduct field work as necessary for various projects.
• Communicate and coordinate with project teams including other disciplines (drafters, designers, and other engineers).
• Successfully manage and deliver assignments on time and on budget.
• Adhere to Brown and Caldwell’s QA/QC process.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Self-starter, results-oriented, and ability to work under deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Mechanical/Environmental Engineering or related engineering field required
• Related coursework or internship experience required; 4+ years of professional experience preferred
• Desire to work on projects related to wastewater, water resources, water reuse, infrastructure, and stormwater
• Hawaii PE (or ability to obtain in near future) preferred
• Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and on large, coordinated teams
• Ability to successfully manage and deliver on multiple tasks with competing priorities
• Ability and willingness to perform field work at various sites
• Knowledge of standard software including MS Office, Outlook, AutoCAD, GIS, and Bluebeam
• Strong aptitude for researching and solving technical problems
Benefits and Other Compensation:
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance and long-term care insurance. Click here to see our full list of benefits.
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,700 professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. Brown and Caldwell ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.To review the job posting and to apply online, please visit: https://bit.ly/37gUdCk
Posted April 12, 2022