Senior Civil Engineer - (requisition #155801)
Contact: Mike O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Apply now at https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=155801&lang=en#.XZ4m9RfNaDI.link
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Senior Civil Engineer, we'll count on you to:
• Design and plan production for general civil on a wide variety of projects, including site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, grading and
drainage, paving, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities.
• Perform quantity calculations
• Prepare specifications and contract documents
• Conduct permitting
• Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection and modification of standard engineering techniques and
• Function as a Technical Specialist or Project Manager on mid-sized projects as needed, but Project Management is not the sole focus of
• Supervise a small staff of professionals and technicians as needed
• Perform other duties as needed
• Bachelor's degree
• 10+ years design experience managing various civil/site design projects
• Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
• Aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with applications in Civil Engineering.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
2019 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section