Water Business Group Manager-Honolulu - (requisition #159286)
Link to Apply: https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=159286&lang=en#.X7csJoqN-Wg.link
Contact for inquiry:
Mike O’Brien – firstname.lastname@example.org
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Water Business Group Manager, we'll count on you to:
• Lead overall group and drive long-term growth and profitability.
• Develop, implement and maintain effective area business group.
• Take responsibility for development of strategies, new business prospects, technical services, quality, and production methods and standards, all within established goals and objectives of the business group, region and company.
• Oversee and implement processes within the business group including quality assurance, business required processes, and corporate requirements.
• Manage staff members including development, morale, retention, succession planning, and hiring. Serve as a mentor.
• Participate in the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
• Work cooperatively with regional and area managers, other area business group managers, technical directors and marketing managers.
• Be committed to quality, improvement and HDR values.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participants of our employee-owned culture is a must.
The Water Business Group Manager will also function as a senior project manager and technical advisor on projects in addition to management responsibilities. The BGM will take a leadership role in key pursuits, and serve as a client manager for key clients and as a project principal for medium and large projects. As part of this role, the BGM is expected to:
• Lead and coordinate services with other groups locally and nationally.
• Work cooperatively with National Directors and marketing professionals in local and national efforts.
• Contribute to client management, marketing, planning, proposals and interviews. Collaborate with Water Business Group Market Sector Directors and the Regional Business Group Director to bring the WBG vision to fruition in the Hawaii Pacific market place.
• Develop, review and manage scopes of work and budget for large projects. Coordinate with other business groups in Hawaii as part of the leadership team.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
• Minimum Fifteen (15) years of project and/or program management related experience in the water market sector.
• Demonstrated experience with leading diverse teams.
• Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values.
• Actively engaged in professional or industry associations to enhance HDR technical expertise and brand.
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Registered Professional Engineer in Hawaii, or the ability to gain reciprocity
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Posted December 1, 2020
2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section