Principal Project Control Engineer/Specialist, AIRPORT
Job ID 33261
Parsons is a world-class leader in transportation, infrastructure, environmental, construction, and technical services. With a long history of work in Hawaii and being involved with more than 300 projects over the last 50 years Parsons continues to work with the State on current and new opportunities. In addition, our growing portfolio of projects in North America and selected countries in the Middle East Africa region creates opportunities in the fields of project controls, estimating, procurement, contracts, quality, document control, and project risk management. If you are a self-starter who enjoys complex projects in interesting locations, Parsons is for you.
We are currently seeking a Principal Project Control/Scheduler in Honolulu, Hawaii. This position will support the Program Management Services for the Honolulu Airport Terminal Modernization Program. Responsibilities will include managing schedule related activities associated with the management of the program and interfacing directly with the Program Manager and the Client.
Develops, establishes, and maintains all aspects of the cost control effort and/or the planning/scheduling effort on one or more of the larger, more complex and demanding projects. Incumbent utilizes his/her broad experience, expertise, and exposure to various types of company projects and clients.
• Provides guidance, direction, and specialized assistance for the resolution of difficult and complex project control problems.
• Interfaces with clients, attends regular meetings, and provides statistical reports.
• Provides project and company management with the necessary tools for project cost control.
• May lead in the:
• Development of the work breakdown structure, interfacing with all affected departments.
• Analysis, evaluation, forecast, and reporting of schedule status against an established baseline
• Analysis, evaluation, and forecast project costs and performance.
• Coordinates staffing requirements, assigns and supervises project work activities, and trains personnel.
• Completes performance reviews and provides personnel development for the assigned employees.
• Accumulates and accesses historical data, such as performance experience, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
• May lead a staff qualified to assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Develops or maintains an established system to show the hierarchy of plans and schedules; keeps project and company management fully informed.
• Customizes project control systems to meet specific project requirements.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience) and 10-12 years of related work experience. Airport experience a plus. P6 is required. LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED.
Position requires basic engineering knowledge in electrical, mechanical, civil, or a related field. PC skills needed include proficiency in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office Suite. Must have potential to perform in a lead capacity, as well as familiarity with industry practices.
2015 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section