Document Configuration Specialist - Honolulu
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Transportation practice has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated, reliable Document Configuration Specialist.
This position will be supporting the Task Order Managers/Engineer in the development of task orders for the contractor focused on the plans and communication of project scope. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and must have a desire and ability to gain knowledge and skills interfacing with various software applications and leverage those capabilities to meet and improve position requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Produce and maintain contract document configuration management database; implement strict version controls for availability of contract
documents to the Construction Engineering and Inspection CE&I team, for critical compliance of configured facilities, systems, equipment,
and utilities (F/S/E/U) engineering designs, specifications, operational and maintenance documentation.
- Process design certification documentation.
- Perform document closure activities for configuration changes to task order packages.
- Support engineering and coordination with staff with the research, review and release of studies, designs, and construction
- Interface with customers in design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient knowledge of software programs including Microsoft Office products, Bluebeam and Adobe.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Industry experience with document processing and data configuration management in a Construction Management or Quality
- Must be detailed oriented and ability to perform duties in an organized manner.
- Key competencies: critical thinking, problem solving, decision making and being results-oriented.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience reviewing plans and configuration of documentation related to major public works
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
To view this job opening and to apply online, please go to https://bit.ly/2XUHKhh.
Posted April 21, 2020
2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section