2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Lead Office Engineer - Honolulu
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior Construction Manager. You will work under direct supervision of the Senior Construction Manager to develop skills in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering systems or products for a project.
You will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the plans and designs of structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, tunnels and other projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support the Client PM, Senior Construction Manager, and Resident Engineer as needed
- The Lead Office Engineer oversees and implements process and procedures for the projects’ construction contract management
database and the document management team, including all communication, documentation, receivables and deliverables on the project,
for major utility infrastructure relocations including high, medium and low voltage electrical systems; telecommunications and cable TV;
traffic signals and street lighting; water, sewer, gas and drainage; and civil in a congested urban corridor.
- Review and production of reports from the contractor’s field progress documentation, interviewing staff; and reviewing project
- Monitor project schedule against progress; assist Project Controls with the maintenance and regular reporting of the project schedule
- Coordinate with the project team to maintain project documentation, process paperwork, and progress pay estimates
- Coordinate construction administration issues
- Process RFIs, contract change orders, and reviews pay estimates as necessary
- Review for compliance, track and process all submittals
- Keep detailed records
- Assist in the resolution of project issues
- Prepare status reports for all process work as required
- Inform the Senior CM, Client and staff of project status
- Assist with preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Experience and knowledge of leading a team of professionals in all aspects of contract data management protocols: communications,
records, receivables and deliverables for heavy civil and major public works utilities construction projects.
- Experience and knowledge of design drawings, specifications and construction practices for all types of public works, civil and utilities
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Bluebeam and Adobe; Extensive experience with Contract Management database software; CAD
experience is desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills required along with the ability to manage and direct support staff with compliance to specific client
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field. A Hawaii PE is required and must have a minimum of 10 years of construction experience working for a contractor or in a similar role in the field as an owner’s representative.
Position will work in an office setting; however, daily field work may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
To view this job opening and to apply online, please go to https://bit.ly/2XUHKhh.
Posted April 21, 2020