Office Engineer - Honolulu
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec’s Transportation practice has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated and reliable Office Engineer.
The role is to work as a member of the Construction Engineering and Inspection team on a major utility relocation transit construction project made up of small and large task orders. Being organized and communicating clearly with colleagues is critical. You will work under direct supervision of a Senior Engineer to further develop skills in managing the administrative side of a construction contract and help deliver a high-quality project for our client.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates construction administration issues.
- Supports the Lead Office Engineer and Resident Engineer.
- Tracks, organizes, and maintains the latest sets of construction drawings including design revisions and RFI updates utilizing drawing logs, Bluebeam Revu, and Oracle Unifier software.
- Disseminates the latest drawings to the team and keeps field inspectors apprised weekly of drawing updates.
- Performs quantity take-offs from design drawings. Assists with cost estimating efforts.
- Coordinates with the project team to maintain project documentation, process paperwork, and progress pay estimates.
- Processes RFIs, contract change orders, formal correspondence.
- Reviews submittals for compliance.
- Monitors project schedule against progress.
- Keeps detailed records.
- Assists in the resolution of project issues.
- Informs the RE and staff of project status.
- Assists with preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Experience with major public works, heavy civil engineering, and transportation projects
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity, and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- High proficiency in Bluebeam Revu.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe. CAD experience is desirable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or another related field.
- PE preferred but will consider an EIT at a minimum.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of construction experience in the field performing in a similar role for a contractor or as an owner’s representative.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
To view this job opening and to apply online, please go to https://bit.ly/3gxi8xo.
Posted August 7, 2020
2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section