2019 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Sr. Federal Project Manager - Engineering - (requisition #154447)
Contact: Mike O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Apply now at https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=154447&lang=en#.XZ4nSMaeIAg.link
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Senior Federal Project Manager - Engineering
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager to manage programs or projects for DoD and Military customers as an integral member of the HDR Honolulu team. Customers include NAVFAC, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, U.S. Air Force and other military and federal agencies. Type of projects vary from design of Barracks/Dorms, Family Housing, tactical facilities, wastewater treatment, water lines, water resources, fuel tanks, airfield paving work, 1391 preparation, and a variety of military planning studies.
The Project Manager will lead and manage teams to execute the planning, design and construction support activities throughout the life of projects. The Project Manager will be fully responsible for achieving the scope, schedule and profit for each assigned project to meet both client and company expectations. The candidate must develop and establish client relationships and be involved in the marketing, proposal development, negotiations, and contract execution. Candidates must be willing and able to travel to remote areas. Projects may be located in Hawaii, Japan, Korea, Guam, Australia, and Asia-Pacific areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In the role of Senior Federal Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
• Take responsibility for Program and Project Management of military projects that may include a particular geographic area or grouping of
projects such as Military Construction (MILCON) or Operations and Maintenance (O&M) projects.
• Plan, manage and monitor all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with Military and Federal projects with high
degree of complexity.
• Independently develop project scopes of work, fee proposals and budgets.
• Produce high quality deliverables and coordinate several projects concurrently
• Lead multi-discipline design teams in meetings with military agencies for charrettes, scoping and design reviews and adhering to project
cost and schedule.
• Lead appropriate internal project reviews at all levels and percent completion.
• Establish and foster client relations and be involved with marketing, proposal development, new client development and responding to
• Function as a Client Manager for key important Military and Federal Customers.
• Communicate project status with clients and work with clients to resolve project conflicts, review comments, performance, budget and scope
• Track financial aspects of projects and coordinate and adjust work effort with multi-discipline team to ensure that work is completed within
parameters of agreed-to scope and schedule. Ensure that internal HDR financial metrics and goals are met.
• Responsible for implementing QA/QC procedures on all projects as appropriate.
• Act as Hawaii Area Federal Business Group Manager when necessary.
• Act as Mentor for less experienced Project Managers and technical staff.
• Have attitude and commitment to be an active part of our employee-owned culture
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or related fields
• Licensed PE, RA, or PMP Certification
• 12+ years of progressively challenging experience in managing program and projects for military clients including NAVFAC, USACE, U.S.
Air Force, and other military agencies while working for a Military Agency or an AE firm. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Project) and in developing Power point presentations and managing files in Share-point.
• Ability to pass a background check to obtain a DoD Common Access Card (CAC).
• Knowledge of current industry trends and experience with large or mega projects.
• Experience in the management and development of multi-discipline teams. In addition, must impart a clear understanding, implementation,
monitoring and support of company policy especially in the QA/QC processes.
• Possessing an existing network of Military Clients would be very beneficial.
• Should possess strong verbal/written communication and listening skills, including sound leadership and organizational skills.
• Have the ability to be a team builder and lead high performing teams, with excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of project management systems, project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analysis, resource analysis, and
• Knowledge of project life cycle including Initiation, Planning, Design, Procurement, Construction, Post Construction including turn over to
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Posted October 10, 2019