2019 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Project Manager-Transportation Group - (requisition #155805)
Contact: Mike O’Brien, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Apply now at https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=155805&lang=en#.XZ4nXOn42j8.link
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
• Plan direct and monitor, all aspects of large multidiscipline projects or medium –sized projects with high degree of technical complexity,
involving a large project staff and take responsibility for Program and Project Management of transportation projects associated with HDOT,
City & County of Honolulu, County of Maui and County of Kaua’i.
• Independently develop project scopes of work, fee proposals and budgets.
• Produce high quality deliverables and coordinate several projects concurrently
• Lead multi-discipline design teams in meetings with respective clients for charrettes, scoping and design reviews and adhering to project
cost and schedule.
• Lead appropriate internal project reviews at all levels and percent completion.
• Establish and foster client relations and be involved with marketing, proposal development, new client development and responding to
• Function as a Client Manager for key important HDOT, City & County, and County Customers.
• Communicate project status with clients and work with clients to resolve project conflicts, review comments, performance, budget and scope
• Work with the Business/Accounting Manager, Project Controller or Company Controller and department manager for project reviews.
• Responsible for implementing QA/QC procedures on all projects as appropriate.
• Supervise large project staffs as necessary and act as Mentor for less experienced Project Managers and technical staff.
• Have attitude and commitment to be an active part of our employee-owned culture
• Perform other duties as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering related fields
• Licensed PE, RA, or PMP Certification
• 10+ years of progressively challenging experience in managing programs and projects for HDOT and City & County of Honolulu. County of
Maui and County of Kaua’i experience would be very beneficial.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project) and in developing Power point presentations and managing files in
• Knowledge of current industry trends and experience with large or mega projects.
• Experience in the management and development of multi-discipline teams. In addition, must impart a clear understanding, implementation,
monitoring and support of company policy especially in the QA/QC processes.
• Possessing an existing network of HDOT and City & County of Honolulu clients. County of Maui, and County of Kaua’i clients would be
• Should possess strong verbal/written communication and listening skills, including sound leadership and organizational skills.
• Have the ability to be a team builder and lead high performing teams, with excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of project management systems, project scheduling, scoping, budgeting, cost analysis, resource analysis, and
• Knowledge of project life cycle including Initiation, Planning, Design, Procurement, Construction, Post Construction including turn over to
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Posted October 10, 2019