2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Senior Engineering Project Manager-Honolulu - (requisition #158936)
• Apply now at https://hdr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=158936&lang=en#.X3dG-gxKbVU.link
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
• Manage multi-discipline design teams for projects for Federal Dept of Defense customers throughout the Pacific Region.
• Plan, direct and monitor all aspects multidiscipline projects or medium-sized projects with high degree of technical complexity
• Prepare/review civil engineering scope of work and budgets/estimates for proposals and track civil engineering budget status throughout the
course of each project.
• Schedule and coordinate all work performed by design teams to achieve project objectives.
• Communicate with staff and subconsultants to establish work priorities for the project.
• Oversee and supervise two or more project teams concurrently whom are producing and coordinating project deliverables.
• Monitor scope of work and scope changes.
• Facilitate and encourage communication between disciplines.
• Manage staff, and provide new employee mentoring, as needed.
• Establish employee goals and conduct employee performance reviews.
• Schedule and conduct meetings with project teams to discuss productivity, work load, and quality control issues.
• Advance the skill level of personnel through training, education, experience, etc.
• Coordinate with other managers throughout HDR to review workload, project status, and staffing requirements.
• Monitor changes in codes, regulations, and client standards. Implement required changes into the design standards, procedures, and
• Perform quality control reviews of civil design projects.
• Perform project engineer duties when required.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• 15+ years Engineering Project Management experience
• Licensed PE (Prefer state of Hawaii, but not required)
• Experience with managing and executing Federal Design projects in the Pacific Region
• Hands-on experience performing Civil Engineering design including preparing design calculations, specifications, and construction drawings
for federal projects.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage several concurrent project schedules.
• MS Office and MS Project experience is required (Access experience would be plus)
• Demonstrated business development and strategic planning skills
• An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
• Master’s Degree
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Posted October 15, 2020