2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Office Engineer - Honolulu
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role is to work as a team member on small and large projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will work under direct supervision of a Senior Engineer to develop skills in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering systems or products for a project.
You will perform a variety of tasks which may include assisting with the plans and designs of structures and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, tunnels and other projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinates construction administration issues
- Supports the Lead Office Engineer and Resident Engineer
- Coordinates the project team to maintain project documentation, process paperwork, and progress pay estimates
- Processes RFIs, contract change orders, and reviews pay estimates
- Reviews submittals for compliance
- Monitors project schedule against progress
- Keeps detailed records
- Assists in the resolution of project issues
- Informs the RE and staff of project status
- Assists with preparation of monthly and ad hoc reports
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with contractor, project team and clients, including ability to resolve conflict situations.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the project team, obtaining and sharing necessary information.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Working knowledge of critical path method scheduling.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Adobe. CAD experience is desirable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field.
- PE preferred but will consider an EIT at a minimum.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of construction experience in the field performing in a similar role for a contractor or as an owner’s
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
To view this job opening and to apply online, please go to https://bit.ly/2XUHKhh.
Posted April 21, 2020