2021 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
Civil Engineer II - Requisition JP00604
Building + Places
Civil Engineer II
USA - Hawaii
AECOM is seeking a Civil Engineer II to be based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
• Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies – 2014-2021
• #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
• VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
• Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
About Buildings + Places
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.
The Civil Engineer II will work on facility type projects that are designed in the Honolulu office with a focus on the civil aspects of the design including grading, drainage, and utilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Design of utilities, roadways, general site development, grading and drainage, best management practices, erosion control, profiles, typical sections, cross sections, hydraulics.
• Drainage studies include low impact development strategies, hydrology, modeling.
• Preparation of drawings, specifications, basis of design, technical memos.
• Preparation of permits such as NPDES, SWPPP, Grading, DCAB, Civil Support of an Environmental Assessment.
• Work with other professional staff members to collaborate on reports, studies, drawings, and design narratives
• Be familiar with AutoCad and Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
• Working in an office setting with potential meetings outside of the office or visits to sites where a project may be located
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus two (2) years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
• Licensed Civil Engineer
• Relocation is not available for this position
• Sponsorship is not available for this position
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Line
Engineering - Civil B&P - Buildings & Places
Business Group Country
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS) United States of America
Position Status Requisition/Vacancy No.
Posted July 19, 2021