CIVIL ENGINEER I, II, III AND IV
COUNTY OF HAWAI‘I, DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT
FOR COMPLETE JOB POSTINGS AND TO APPLY FOR THESE POSITIONS, PLEASE VISIT:
The County of Hawai‘i, Department of Environmental Management, Wastewater Division has two vacancies which may be filled at either the Civil Engineer I, II, III or IV level.
The Department of Environmental Management’s mission is to promote and support a high quality of life for the citizens of the island of Hawai`i by providing comprehensive, responsive, environmentally-safe, efficient, and cost-effective management of our waste streams while providing excellent customer service. Employees in the Wastewater Division will have the opportunity to work on or benefit from a variety of projects, including essential new infrastructure improvements and capital projects and implementation of a wastewater pretreatment program. Our Wastewater division staff will be an integral part of a growing and improving system.
Join the team at Department of Environmental Management for a great opportunity for career-building while providing needed resources to the community.
Civil Engineer I, SR-18 - $4,339 - $6,177 monthly
Civil Engineer II, SR-20 - $4,690 - $6,682 monthly
Civil Engineer III, SR-22 - $5,076 - $7,226 monthly
Civil Engineer IV, SR-24 - $5,713 - $8,130 monthly
This is a shortage category class of work. Person selected for vacancy may receive a shortage differential per month in addition to the starting salary indicated above. Appointment may be made at any rate within the salary range advertised above at which appropriate qualified applicants can be recruited. Starting salary will be based on the qualifications of the person selected.
Civil Engineer I and Civil Engineer II performs routine professional engineering work in the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of civil engineering projects; assists in preparing designs, plans, specifications, estimates, and reports; and performs other related duties as required.
The Civil Engineer III performs moderately difficult professional engineering work in the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of civil engineering projects; prepares designs, plans, specifications, estimates, and reports; and performs other related duties as required.
The Civil Engineer IV performs difficult professional engineering work in the design, construction, maintenance, and operation of civil engineering projects; prepares designs, plans, specifications, estimates, and reports; and performs other duties as required.
A combination of education and experience substantially equivalent to:
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a baccalaureate degree in civil engineering, and
• Professional civil engineering work experience:
- Civil Engineer I – no experience required
- Civil Engineer II - one (1) year of professional civil engineering work experience
- Civil Engineer III - two (2) years of professional civil engineering work experience
- Civil Engineer IV - three (3) years of professional civil engineering work experience
• possession of a valid State of Hawai'i Driver License (Class 3) or any other valid comparable driver license at time of filing.P
Civil Engineer IV license requirement - Possession of a valid license as a professional engineer in the United States at time of filing, and possession of a valid license as a professional engineer in the State of Hawai'i prior to completion of probation.
Come work for us and enjoy excellent benefits for you and your family! Benefits may include:
• Sick leave and vacation earnings
• Paid holidays
• Social security
• Credit union membership
• Life, dental, medical, vision, and prescription drug insurance plans
• Employee-employer paid retirement plan
• Flexible spending plan
• Tax-sheltered savings and investment program
• Career opportunity and mobility in a merit system for civil service positions
For any questions, please contact the County of Hawaii by:
Phone: (808) 961-8361
Posted on October 10, 2023
2023 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section