Civil Engineer II - Requisition 231857BR
Civil Engineer II
USA - Hawaii
AECOM develops comprehensive transit and intercity rail projects from concept through operation. Our mass transit experience spans more than 100 years and includes engineering and construction services for multi-year, multi-million-dollar projects for major transit agencies. Our interdisciplinary team includes transit, railroad, tunnel, bridge, and systems engineers, transit architects, urban designers and financial experts who use their talents to transform a conceptual design into a functioning system. We have worked on all types of mass transit systems, including bus rapid transit, light rail transit and commuter rail. We develop designs that fully consider safety, sustainability, constructability, operability and maintainability through the lens of our clients.
We are currently seeking a Civil Engineer to aid in the design, project management, and project delivery on several landmark projects in the region.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Utilize standard techniques, procedures, and criteria while gaining understanding of advanced methods
• Able to identify discrepancies in results and propose approach to solve new problems encountered.
• Performs work in accordance with design standards, agreed upon budget, and schedule with moderate supervision.
• Computer-aided design and drafting of site layout, roadway, grading, and utility systems using tools including, but not limited to AutoCAD
• Responsible for quality control of tasks.
• Reviews plans according to standards and regulations necessary to carry out project design and permitting work
• Conduct site visits at active construction sites to examine field conditions, site utilities, sediment and erosion control inspections
• Coordinate with multiple disciplines including architects, mechanical and electrical engineers, structural engineers, and contractors.
• Provide regular updates to manager on status of tasks.
• Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related engineering field
• At least 2 years of experience in design of utilities including water, sanitary sewer, and storm drainage.
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred
• Able to calculate hydraulic flows and other design calculations required for design applications
• Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D, including:
- Pipe Networks (Alignments & Profiles);
- Roadway Design (Corridors, Assemblies, and Subassemblies);
- Grading (Contours, Surfaces, Feature Lines, Cut/Fill Takeoffs);
- Modifying and Creating Styles & Labels;
- Data Shortcuts
• Knowledge in other design softwares such as HEC-RAS, StormCAD, Vehicle Tracking, Infraworks, Bentley, Microstation, etc.
• Proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Familiar with HDOT and C&C of Honolulu Standards
• Experience working on public, commercial, and/or industrial sites with multiple utilities including water, fire protection, sanitary sewer
(gravity, force mains, pump stations), storm drainage and detention systems, and traffic signal fiber and telecommunications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to discuss project specifics with co-workers, clients, regulatory agency staff, and the public
• Highly self-motivated with the ability to successfully multi-task, perform detail-oriented work, work independently, and demonstrate
effective time management skills
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Group
Engineering - Civil Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Clearance Required Country
No United States of America
Posted February 3, 2020
2020 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section