2023 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section
PROJECT ENGINEER - HILO
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated Project Engineer to join our Big Island team. The Project Engineer applies sound and diversified knowledge of engineering and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. They make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods. They work closely with Clients, Contractors, and third parties that are involved with projects. Typical duties and responsibilities may include one or more of the following: supervises, coordinates, directs, and reviews the work of a small staff of Project Inspectors and Project Administrators.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in engineering and/or construction
• Professional Engineering license helpful
• General construction knowledge required
• Experience using scales and concrete/soil testing equipment helpful
• Ability to provide quality customer service and support.
• Good work ethic, self-directed worker.
• Good communication skills, verbal, and written.
• Strong aptitude in mathematics, physical science, and engineering
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Primavera P6.
• Able to learn quickly and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
• Good time management skills, ability to balance demand amongst different projects,
• Should be a creative, persuasive, critical thinker, and must be aware of ethical issues of an engineer.
• Able to read and understand project contracts, specifications, and drawings.
• Able to travel to different work sites
• Ability to work outside with increase noise levels.
• Ability to lift and/or move up to twenty pounds
• Ability to climb, balance, stoop, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, or grasp, feel, talk, hear and to do repetitive motion
• Ability to work outside occasionally in environmental, atmospheric, and sometimes hazardous conditions.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Excellent hand-eye coordination is necessary for various pieces of equipment
• Positive service-oriented attitude toward the firm, our employees, and the clients.
• ACI Concrete Field-Testing Technician – Grade I preferred
• MTRB Certification (Concrete, Bituminous, Soils and Aggregate) required within first 6 months of employment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide support to Clients in all required facets.
• Be the liaison between the Client and Contractor.
• Ensure that projects are on schedule and within appropriate budget.
• Coordinate projects with Clients, Contractors, and third parties involved with the projects (e.g., Fire Department, HawTel, DWS, HELCO, Hawaii Gas and DOT)
• Coordinate project and schedule updates and workforce scheduling.
• Review and process design requirements- RFI’s, submittals, project changes.
• Coordinate Field Inspectors and ensure all pertinent information is passed on and noted.
• Proficient in reading and comprehending plans and specs, be able to make connections between field plans/specs
• Perform work site visits and maintain logs
• Research and respond to RFIs as needed
• Review and process contract change orders
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports
• Prepare monthly progress paymentsPerform other duties as assigned
LOCATION: Hilo, HI
Please apply direct online at: www.bowersandkubota.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
100% Employee Owned
Posted August 2, 2023