Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our team. This person is responsible for project management for engineering design for roadways, sewers, drainage, and water facilities. Prepare drainage, basis of design, and other related engineering reports. Assists senior management with the company’s current and long-range engineering functions, including preparation, review, and presentation of engineering plans and specifications.
• B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college.
• Professional Engineering License/Certificate.
• 7 years of increasingly responsible experience in civil engineering, of which 10 years must be as a registered professional engineer (private and public works projects and administrative engineering).
• Business development and design standards experience with federal, state, municipal, and private agencies.
• Strong interpersonal and public relations skills to work effectively with co-workers, clients, government officials, other clients, and community organizations.
• Ability to successfully manage projects and help mentor junior staff as applicable.
• Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually.
• Familiarity with MS Office, Auto CAD, Civil 3D, and other related software.
• Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
• Self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines.
• Previous business development experience is a plus.
• Experience working in diverse settings with a willingness and ability to occasionally travel.
• Valid Hawai'i Driver's License.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget; ensure proper and timely execution on projects.
• Plan and forecast resources and manage all technical activities on assigned projects.
• Prepare and review technical memorandums, reports, drawings, specifications, as well as miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables.
• Conduct site visits and condition assessments.
• Develop and monitor project design and schedules to meet objectives.
• Proactively manage changes within project scopes; identify issues and contingency plans.
• Attend public hearings/meetings and make presentations as needed.
• Provide third party design reviews.
• Utilize internal project management tools and resources.
• Provide marketing and technical support.
• Conduct feasibility and research studies.
• Coordinate work activities with those of other divisions, departments, and agencies.
• Represent and speak for the department at meetings and conferences.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please apply online at: https://www.bowersandkubota.com/
Equal Opportunity Employer/
100% Employee Owned
Posted April 6, 2022
2022 Copyright ASCE Hawaii Section